.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

DieselDecent

Hope you all enjoy my possibly daily thoughts. Comments? E-mail them to me or IM me, that way I dont get ads.

Thursday, September 15, 2005

Rotten Tomatoes Post 5

Road Films

MOOD: A-OK

So I'm taking a Intro to Film: Road Film class this semester. Every Wednesday we watch a movie about travels on the road and then discuss it and what it means in the big picture of literature. Dont worry Guts, I'll have a list of all the films later, I just dont feel like digging out the sylabus right now. So the first film was Heart Beat, starring a young and combed Nick Nolte. This is a movie about Jack Kerouac and Neal Cassady, the author and the inspiration behind the classic novel "On the Road" The book has too much in it to actually make a good movie, so this movie takes scenes from the movie, plus tales from the biographies of both men to show their journey. Jack wants only to write and to have something to write about. Neal is driven by pussy, and getting loaded and high. Between the two of them they live life to the fullest, screw people over, become famous, become assholes, and then have a nice little happy ending. Now I know it may be hard for some of you reading this to picture two friends, one thats quiet and one thats driven by excess, having adventures together, but please, try to keep an open mind. Its a quiet little movie, not one I would run out and buy, but if its on TV check it out. However the book is where the story really is, and whenever I finish it I'll have a review up for you. Oh I know you just cant wait!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home