.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

DieselDecent

Hope you all enjoy my possibly daily thoughts. Comments? E-mail them to me or IM me, that way I dont get ads.

Thursday, September 15, 2005

Rotten Tomatoes Post 6


Tired


So the other night (Monday night) I was way too tired and just could not fall asleep, so I flipped through the channels to find something that wasnt a late night talk show repeat. Luckily for me AMC was playing Army of Darkness. Now Bruce Campbell is so the man. Not everyone could pull off a comedy/horror but he does it without trying. Its just such a great movie, right up there with Evil Dead 2 (and the soundtrack kicks fuckin ass). When the movie ended, I was tired, but not quite enough to fall asleep, so I thought another couple minutes of TV watching would help me pass out. But the next movie was Jaws 2. Man, I havnt seen that movie in years. What a shitty shark movie, and there are lots of shitty shark movies. Jaws (Bruce the Shark) is not a thinking killer or zombie or spirit. Freddy vs Jaws would not work. But in this movie, the descendent of Jaws I seeks revenge on the Brody family, who for some ignorant reason now hate sharks, but still live on a island. Of course, as said in the first movie, "its only an island if you look at it from the water." Or something like that. But sharks dont take things personal and seek out one specific family. These are not super smart sharks, if they were LL Cool J would make a song about them. (Deepest, bluest, my head is like a sharks fin). Anyways, back to Jaws 2: Electric Boogaloo. Its shit, but its still better than Jaws 3-D and Jaws 4: Watch Michael Caine climb out of the water with a dry, ironed shirt on. So after watching Jaws 2, I was too awake to fall asleep, luckily I had a Sly Stallone movie up next to keep me awake. And what better Classic then Death Race 2000. Now this is a shitty movie. In a post apocalyptic future (cuz really, is there any other kind?) the main sport in the US is a once a year car race. The way to win the race is to kill as many people as possible on your trip from point A to point B. Old people and children are worth more, as they should be. Throw in a corrupt president, a resistance movement, a spy, and you still have a shitty movie. The star of which is Frankenstein, the only driver to survive 2 previous Death Races. Im sure when the movie was written there was something to be said about society and its obsession with violent sporting events. But any of these points had to be edited for the most important thing in a script, more explosions! But anyways, that was my movie night, how was yours?

Comment from Guts:
its Deepest Bluest....my HAND is like a shark's fin

why the fuck would someone's HEAD be like a sharks fin???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home