.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

DieselDecent

Hope you all enjoy my possibly daily thoughts. Comments? E-mail them to me or IM me, that way I dont get ads.

Thursday, September 15, 2005

Rotten Tomatoes Post 13


Review of The Passion

CURRENT RATINGS:
FRESH: 10/10 10/10 Movie: The Passion of the Christ (2004)

I saw The Passion of The Christ tonight. Excellent movie. For those of you, like me, that went to Catholic school, and then became disenfranchised with all of religion (or watched Dogma and had a revelation) then the Passion is for you. The story of Jesus is not this pretty little movie that they usually showed us in school when teacher had a hangover. Damn that Mrs. Percy liked the sauce. And what I never realized before is somehow in all those previous scenes Jesus is on the cross with gleaming white teeth, hair styled, and make up on too. Yet he’s suffering. This film is brutally honest. Lets look at Jesus’ day planner from that week. Thursday: dinner with 12, no, 11 friends. Friday: death. Saturday: Free all the just souls from hell. Sunday: be reborn. Now that’s a pretty intense schedule. And I bitch about waking up in time for classes. But no where on there do I see, get a Botox injection, or have myself a Queer Eye make over day. This movie is bloody, violent, and true. I’m not saying you have to believe in God and everything the Church teaches. I don’t even believe everything. But Jesus lived. Fact. And he was crucified. Fact. This movie, short of an appearance from the Golgothan, shows everything honestly. There is a scene when Jesus is getting whipped that had the entire theater flinch in pain at once. The last time I saw that was when Morpheus spiked his head off of the toilet in the first Matrix movie. A smarter man could draw parallels between Neo and Jesus. Well not necessarily a smarter man, just a man who thinks his friends would give a shit and want to read that. Personally, I believe in God and Jesus, I just don’t believe in the Church. God is infallible, people aren’t. See the movie as just a movie, see it as art, or see it to remember what one Man did before the right wing messed it up. I have to give this movie 10 stars, cuz hey, its Jesus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home