.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

DieselDecent

Hope you all enjoy my possibly daily thoughts. Comments? E-mail them to me or IM me, that way I dont get ads.

Thursday, September 15, 2005

Rotten Tomatoes Post 14

Lost in America review

CURRENT RATINGS:
FRESH: 7/10 7/10 Movie: Lost in America (1985)

Had to watch Lost in America today for my Road Films class. Starring Nemo’s dad himself, Albert Brooks. It was a good movie, some really funny parts, but it’s not that classic. It’s a comedic version of Easy Rider. Instead of finding freedom on motorcycles, Al and his wife find it by buying a Winnebago and driving it with no destination in sight. They’re just trying to drop out from society and go wherever life takes them. It’s tough to watch this movie and not think of one Ricky Leone. For one, the logo on the side of the Winnebago looks amazingly similar to one infamous Weezer ‘W’ tattoo. I just hope I’m at the Inn one night when Richard is called Bago. Second Ricky reference is when everything goes wrong for Al Brooks once he arrives in Vegas. And all of it over a woman. I would give the movie a 5 on its own, I enjoyed it but it wasn’t spectacular. However, just due to my amusement over references to Ricky, I’ll move it up to a 7.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home